Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thank you Jen!!!

I want to publically thank Jen over at Jen's Lap Band Journey for inspiring me to learn more about the inner workings of blogs. I have been trying to learn more about how to do things differently with blogs for quite some time. Last year I bought “Blogging for Dummies” and being the completely anal retentive dork I am, I started on page one and started reading. After bashing my head into the table several times because I fell asleep from sheer boredom, I put it away.

I knew I wanted to know stuff, but I didn’t know what I wanted to know. It was too big, too much information. I didn’t know what I didn’t know if you know what I mean. So I’ve been trudging along with my unsatisfyingly boring blog knowing at some point I’d get back to it and then… Wham! Jen had her blog makeover contest. Sure, I thought about entering, but, I’d already spent all this time and had big bumps on my head to prove it, trying to figure it out. I couldn’t do it. I still wanted to learn about it myself. But Jen's contest was the key. She listed specifically what the makeover would include and that gave me the specific direction I needed.

I pulled my stupid, idiotic, lovely Blogging for Dummies book back out and quickly determined it wasn’t going to be remotely helpful and that my sore head had all been in vain. But then one thing led to another and I searched through other sources and while I am in no way in her league and I haven’t even attempted the header yet, I got a nifty little signature and a cute little font for my titles. I’m all kinds of proud of myself, but truly I owe it all to her. So thanks Jen, I totally appreciate it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome!!! I love it. You made my day! I learned on my own via other blogs and tutorials. I think it's so much fun and it really makes a difference! All of your head bumps and hard work has been worth it - you blog looks FANTASTIC!
For the headers I mainly use Picnik and then I use a photo shop type of program to add the (cute) font that I like.
I am smiling from ear to ear - I love that I inspired someone. That's the best feeling. Thank you for telling me.
xoxo,
Jen

Something About Kellie said...

haha! It looks snazzy! I was a little the same and I still have a lot to learn too! My problem is time..I don't get enough of it.

Cudos to Jen though, she's done some awesome headers, you can always pick Jen's crafty work (I think she should go into busines!! lol)

I like to just play around and see what happens. Keep up the good work!