Tuesday, June 14, 2011

8 lbs... Seriously. 8lbs What the hell?

This whole thing with my husband is really pushing all my emotional eating buttons.  Some days are better than others at dealing with that but... I've been feeling pretty good food and exercise wise for a couple of weeks and have generally making good choices and all is well.  That's not changed, I'm still feeling pretty good - but I didn't have the best couple of days food-wise.  Not awful, just not great.  Yesterday was worse than Sunday - but... okay.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  I'm light years ahead of where I'd be a few years ago - hell, last year at this time.  I got up this morning feeling back in control (and really I didn't feel like I'd lost control so much as I was just doing a little wallowing I think, if you know what I mean).

But seriously people... I weighed 193.6 on Saturday morning.  I worked out on Saturday, but not on Sunday or Monday (can you say hangover on Sunday and I just didn't plan well enough on Monday).  But this morning.... I weighed in at 201.4.  Can we say that again... 201.4.  That number began with a 2, not a 1.  That's 8lbs in 3 days.  I got on the scale this morning, knowing I'd see a gain, hoping it wasn't as bad as 197.  (I knew there'd be some extra water weight because I had some guacamole with chips for dinner last night).   But seriously.  201.4.  How is that even possible? 

Anyway - jeez.  I'm not even all that stressed over the number because it's just so ridiculous - onward and downward.


On another topic...

Teddy calls me when he gets home from school and says:

Hypothetically speaking (this is never a good way for my son to begin a sentence) if Jack's bike were to be hanging from the opened garage door, hypothetically speaking, sort of dangling there by a handle.  I'm not saying this has happened of course, but hypothetically speaking - if one were to see a bike hanging from an open garage door... um... what might one do about that?

Me: hypothetically speaking, how might such a thing occur?

Ted: hypothetically speaking I might plug in the code to open the garage door and when the door opened the bike might have gotten caught on the handle and just gone up with it.... hypothetically speaking.

Me: Close the door.

Ted: Oh.

16 comments:

Dawnya said...

Your kids are freaking hilarious!!! Hypothetically speaking of course. LOL

Rhonda said...

Alot of that might be from the alcohol, I make it a point never to weigh myself for about a week after having in a good drink or four. Ooops.

Theresa said...

Can't blame this one on me! Don't sweat it, it's water weight...and your kids, too funny!

Liz said...

Your kids are hysterical. Your stories crack me up!

Whenever I have a night that involves a lot of alcohol AND salt, it takes way longer than it should (in my opinion, anyway!) to rebalance itself on the scale. There's no way you gained 8 pounds in 3 days, and you know that logically.

Hugs!

Laura Belle said...

I agree...first your kids are freaking funny as hell and I hope someday my kids are that much enjoyment.

second, going thru the same thing right now girlfriend. the scale can suck a big toe.

Sarah said...

Alcohol & salt are such a bad combo! Give it a few days and jump back on. :) (After running up your stairs 839439 times & doing 2434334 jumping jacks---just in case. Or maybe that's just what I do.... lol)

Chin up! xo

Sarah @ Thinfluenced

Jess said...

Gotta love the kiddos! And I'm sure that is water weight. I drank for my bday all weekend and I don't even wanna see what the scale has to say about it.

DiZneDiVa said...

I wouldn't worry about the 8 pounds... I don't even think that's possible if you crammed food into your mought for 3 days straight.

As for that story about your hypothetical son... Hilarious!

Justawallflower said...

Thank you for bringing tears of laughter to my eyes this afternoon!

Barbara said...

That is a great hypothetical story !!!! you have to put that one in the memory keeper.. I bounced around 200 lbs for about 3 months.. and recall that adjusting the type of calories helped.. protein protein protein first.. and then the other stuff.. I know I wrote about this.. but I am still a believer in water with fresh lemons.. seems to kill the water retention problem .hugs sweetie

Amanda said...

Hypothetically speaking...it sounds like water weight....it isn't possible. Your kids are great.... Clay butts and senses of humor, can't wait to meet you!

Lyla said...

Ok, so you gained 8 lbs in 3 days-- but in another 3 days you'll be able to say you LOST 8 lbs when that water comes back off.

And we can all ooh and aah at your amazing lb losing ability :)

Something About Kellie said...

I say get new batteries for that darn scale!!!

That's what I would do as a first step ;)

Beth Ann said...

LOVE Teddy stories. :)

kagead said...

Funny kids, funny mom. Seriously, seriously funny. This is the 3rd time I have tried to follow you. Maybe the Blogger gods will now understand that I am serious about this and will allow it. If not, forgive me for making you read your posts aloud to me in Chicago.

Bonnie said...

Weight that comes on that quickly usually goes away pretty quickly. Hoping we can get together soon.