Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A review of my 2011 intentions list....

And again I find myself following Drazil's lead.  She reviewed her progress on her list of intentions and I thought that was a perfect kind of thing to do.  This is the first time I've ever stated, even to myself, any kind of resolution (no freaking way) or as I copied off someone, likely Draz, explicit intentions and it's all part of a greater push to be more true to me in every way and I really like the idea (though on some level it scares me shitless) of checking in with them every so often.  I will say as I read them through, that I still think these were the right 5 to commit to paper, so I feel pretty good about just that!

So here goes...   

1. Work on simplifying my life.  Purge those things I don't love or don't need.

I think I'm doing okay on this one.  I have a nice, pretty, good sized basket on the floor in my bedroom where I am continuously throwing stuff in there that I want out of my house.  And we then have these two organizations AmVets and something else that call us every couple of weeks or so asking for donations and I have a bag or two for them every single time.  So, slowly but surely I think I'm heading in the right direction.

2. I want to let out Betty, my inner neat freak, without getting all obsessive about it.

I think this one is going pretty well, as well.  I have the kids doing their chores each week, but I'm not freaking out about it.  We're easing into it and everyone's being pretty receptive to it.  I do think having a new basement area in which to throw all things kid is certainly helping a great deal!!

3. I want to lose a bunch of weight, specifically stepping up my efforts to get to 175.

I'd say I've not been very successful with this.  On Jan. 1st I weighed 197.8 and on Friday I weighed 189.6 which is a loss of 9.1 lbs in two months.  I do think that in the last couple of weeks I've turned half a page.  Given the visit by my evil alter ego this weekend, I'm not ready to claim the whole page just yet - but I do feel like I'm kicking into the right gear here.  Hopefully that's true.

4. I want to get back to the workout mama I used to be.  

I'm doing pretty well with this, though it took a while to really get going.  I'm doing the same thing I did before to really get myself committed - and that's slow and steady.  I up my goal of exercise time each week, VERY, VERY SLOWLY.  The goal started out as 4 times per week of at least 30 minutes each time on the treadmill.  And each week, I up it by 1 minute.  This week it's up to 36 min per time, still 4 times.  I very often go over the time.  I can't skip more than 2 days in a row and I also won't do 7 days in a week - I'm way too afraid of getting obsessive about it.  But I will count this as a success.


 5. I want to have a better sense of what I want from my husband and marriage.  

I'm not sure how this is going.  It's definitely much, much, much less stressful in my house and I can't tell you how amazing that is.  He's definitely being very attentive and doing a good job of checking in with me about things which is very good and very important.  I'm very comfortable 'in' my own decision to not leave at this time so I think that's relieved a certain amount of the pressure all on its own.  But I'm not sure anything real has been addressed or discussed.  We need to go to counseling and he needs to make that happen, so this is still a work in progress.

So.. there's my first review.  I'll definitely do it again!!  I hope to see continued progress on all of them.

4 comments:

Dawnya said...

Read,

I'm proud of you. You are doing a great job. Slow and steady wins the race. It doesn't all have to happen at once. Keep on believing in yourself and the rest will happen.

BTW...I'm signing all my comments on your blog with Color Purple lines from this day forward.

***See Daddy...sinners have soul too.***

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Hang in there sweetie, you are doing wonderful! I love reading your blog and I see a lot of me in what you do and say...you are amazing!!!

Beth Ann said...

You all are really inspiring me with your goals and like, paying attention how you are doing in regards TO them. Sigh. I really need to get to it. Go you!!

Bonnie said...

Always good to do a self check. Glad things are going getter with hubby.