Monday, March 28, 2011

Ranting about no control and the weather...

I was just sitting here reading some blogs and it seems all you wonderful bloggers are sparking me to write my own tale of woe... or something like that so....

First I read Gilly's post about being out of control - and let me tell you - I feel her!  I was having a good day - nothing exciting going on except I did notice that all day I was feeling a little bloated, but.. Tom's not coming for another week so... eh? whatevs.  I packed my lunch like I always do and I ate the things I brought and all was right with the world until... duh duh duh.  I got wrapped up in something later in the day and didn't eat my late afternoon snack like I usually do - but since I'd eaten lunch kind of late, I didn't think too much about it.  I got home and I was h.u.n.g.r.y.  Okay, no biggie, I made a yummy quiche last night - I'll heat that up lickity split and I'll be good to go.  Yeah well.. That worked until that quiche did not want to stay down.  I think there was a little too much lickity in my split.  But, again... eh, move on.  And then.  Then!  I remembered I had probably an avocado worth of that to die for guacamole made from the Dos Caminos recipe... yummmmooooo.  And chips too - have you guys eaten the multi grain tostitos - they're really, really yummy!!  Cuz after that quiche - I was still hungry, right...???     Not!

Then Brad realizes he put some frozen shrimp in the fridge a couple of days ago and he has to cook it.  So I set about figuring out what to do with it and we make a modified version of scampi which I certainly didn't have much of, but I did eat it.  Like a normal bandster's size.  But as this was after the quiche and the guacamole and the rest of the chips - well I'm not sure that counts for anything at all.  And then there was the ice cream.... And just plain.. holy shit.  The way I was eating (and feeling for that matter) is very hormonal which I'm pretty sure is what's at the root of this, but still - I'm totally annoyed.  This is one of those nights where I wonder what the band is doing in there.  I ate the quiche too fast and it yelled at me for that.  But it didn't mind the guacamole and chips (which I wouldn't expect it to), or the pasta and shrimp (which I would).  My cycle has been doing stupid things for a couple of months which is a whole other thing to be annoyed about.

And just to continue on with that thought - the band.  I do not ever want to be so tight that I have to seriously restrict what I can and can not eat.  But I would like the band to speak up and remind me it's there from time to time.  I want to be able to choose what I do, but I think a little tap on the shoulder (sometimes literally) is not too much to ask.  And while the band, what's her name?  Hilda I think.  And while Hilda did express her dislike for my inhaling the quiche - that was the last I heard of her.  Oh I even had a bite of pizza - which I totally had because I said to myself.  I could totally eat that pizza right now - even after all this other shit I've eaten - what's that about.  So I took a bite and I completely believe that I could have eaten five whole pieces, but I managed to stop after the one bite.  

Okay - now let's talk about the weather.  The lovely Amy W. sparked my thoughts on this matter, with her... we have to turn the AC on talk... Geesh.  It was forty-freakin-one degrees here today.  I live in MD.  It should be 60, but nooooo.  And while I can live with that and my heat on high and my fireplace roaring... I can't.. JUST FREAKIN CAN NOT live with watching my boys play their first 2 baseball games in 40 degree weather.  Last Friday night they both had games.  I was wearing jeans, thick wool socks, 2 long sleeve layers on top, my winter parka, gloves and a hat.  I was totally annoyed I didn't think to bring a scarf... and I WAS FUCKING FREEZING.  Seriously!  OMG - that's football weather - didn't anyone tell the powers that be that it's baseball season!  AND they both have games again this Friday and the high for that day is forty-fucking-one again.  Their games are from 5 to 8ish.  It's going to be 35 degrees by the time the games are over.

(right this very second my dog is burying himself under the covers of my bed to get warmer.)

The boys are going to be wearing even warmer layers under their uniforms this week!

I suppose as I keep reading blogs I could keep adding to this little rant - but I think I'll be done now.  I hope you all are plenty warm enough wherever you are - and that you're not overstuffing your poor little bodies!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sorry you are having a bad night. I am so sick of this weather that we've booked a 4 day getaway to Universal in Orlando starting a week from Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to bring some nice weather back.

adorkbl said...

awww sorry you are freezing. I lived in WI & MN for waaaay too long. I finally escaped to sunny AZ almost 5 years ago and I LOVE the weather.

Come on down. It is almost pool season. *wink*

Tina said...

yep..im right there with ya...the food and the weather are doing me in.

xxxooo

Liz said...

We got spoiled by the gorgeous weather the weekend of the brunch! I think someone forgot to let Mother Nature (that wh*re) know that it's spring, already.

I commented on Gilly's blog that my eating is crazy too...thank God for emergency fills! Going in Wed!

Dawnya said...

Okay..I live in Austin, Texas...the weather has been awesome...until today. How the hell does it go from 92 degree to freaking 58. True 58 shouldn't be bad...hell I'm from Indiana. But after being in Texas so long...58 is cold. It's a good thing you love your boys. I would so not be at that game. LOL

I'm sorry Hilda is not working today...I totally think it is the hormones. I'm pretty sure she will cooperate tomorrow sweetie.

Justawallflower said...

Oh my goodness, I bought a quart of Rocky Road day before yesterday (I only do this once a month to gear up for TOM, and he'll be here friday. He is NOT happy with his Rocky Road). Anyway, It usually lasts the week leading up to TOM, not this time! G-O-N-E, all of it, in TWO days! I'm just happy not to have been punished by the scale this morning!

tagyourit said...

I had a rough day yesterday too. I made the excuse in my mind that my workout made up for the extra snacks. I hope you get some warmer weather soon. Here in arkansas we just seem to keep getting rain!

Joey said...

As my PA always says "ice cream always goes down". It's true too. Unfortunately. And I'm always cold now! I lost my fat-jacket...

Wishing you better band consistency!

Rhonda said...

I stay cold alot, too! Even if it's 50 out, I need LAYERS. Ugh. What's up with that? I miss my fat sometimes.

Rhonda said...

Eh, just kidding. I'd rather freeze.