I can't believe I haven't found a reason to use this picture again before now!!
- First of all - Sarah over at Weighing In both works in a WLS office and is also a WLS patient. I've just found her blog and so far it's really great - but I wanted to highlight this really great post where a band surgeon rebuts the recent articles that show band surgery in a negative light. I highly recommend reading it.
- 41 rainy degrees is not acceptable baseball weather for children or parents... seriously!
- I am really struggling with doing what I know I need to do and it's seriously getting on my nerves. It feels so exactly like it always did. Getting up every morning and stating the best of intentions and figuring out some way to fuck it up before I go to bed at night then feeling like a total failure... rinse, repeat.
- I am so completely able to eat way, way, way more food than any other bandster I know, but I'm so afraid of being too tight I'm not sure what to do about that.
- I'm guessing rice must expand inside your body. Tonight I ate leftovers from the Japanese hibachi restaurant that we went to for Brad's birthday dinner last night. It was mostly rice and this could be the first time I've had that since surgery (which is more about not really liking rice than for any other reason) with some scallops and veggies in a stupid good sauce - I ate the whole dame plate full. Very slowly, chewing really, really well. No problems with it at all. It went right down. No issues. And then.... about 15 minutes later... I'm thinking of having my left shoulder surgically removed. I'm thinking a small strategic cut - right there on the top.. how big a loss could it be???
- I just killed two stink bugs which is not unusual and one yellow jacket when I just went into my bathroom. Um... yellow jacket??? It's in the low 40s outside. Yellow jackets are summer bees. What the hell is one doing around in cold early April??? Not to mention INSIDE MY HOUSE! Jeesh!
- And speaking of inside my house... So.. I'm putting Jackson to bed tonight and I look up...
Me: uh... underwear? Why is there underwear on your ceiling?
Jack: Teddy glued it up there.
Jack: Oh not glue... he used double sided tape. I'm just waiting till he's at
soccer practice to get him back.