I've been wrestling with whether or not I should keep the appointment and it just dawned on me - duh - that I could ask you guys for your opinion - so this is me asking...
In general, I feel like I'm probably at a pretty good fill level and I'm not having any current issues that I'd want to discuss with a doctor whether I liked him or not.
In the "don't go" column are the following;
- I have no interest in him getting any more money related to me being his patient
- I think he's insane
- I'm not having any issues
- What if something happens and I need a doctor soon.
- I haven't yet found another doctor though I've been given a recommendation from my PCP and there's a FillCenter about 45 minutes away. I just don't know if the recommended doctor will accept me - and I figured I'd deal with that whole thing after the holidays since everything seems to be going well enough band wise.
- What if I can't find another doctor?
- What if the FillCenter refuses to take me (I know that's stupid, but still)?
Though I do have this recurring thought that I'll have lost enough weight that he'll think I need an unfill (as that's his only barometer) and we'll end up having an actual physical battle where he tries to force me to get one and I staunchly refuse. I win, of course, in that little film that has played a few times in my head - but I leave and there is now no way he'd treat me anymore if there was an emergency.
Yes, I get I'm a little paranoid about this and am way over thinking it - but... eh, it is what it is. So, what do you all think? Should I go just to keep him available in case something happens, or not since there is a FillCenter not that far away?
Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts!