Friday, March 30, 2012

BYOC!!! Bring Your Own Crazy!!

1. If you believe in a God - who or what form does it take? Person or thing? He or she? None of the above?




I absolutely believe in God and have a very deep and unshakable faith. God to me, though, is everything. God is nature, God is man, God is woman, God is most definitely children. If I see a beautiful sunset or an amazing storm, or the wind whipping the fall leaves around in a really cool way, I thank God. As I sit here thinking about it, I think I most often use masculine pronouns when referring to God, but I think that’s because that’s what most people use and why bother having a stupid conversation about whether it’s a man or a woman or whatever. I absolutely believe that I don’t know God’s plan, but I utterly trust in it. When awful, terrible things happen in the world, I believe to the bottom of my feet that there is a reason – a higher purpose to the tragedy. I can’t live without that complete belief. I also (and I hope this doesn’t offend anyone) totally believe we’re all of the same faith and that the varying religions are all just flavors. I am a born again Christian, I do believe God sent his son down to save me… as in me personally – BUT most other born again Christian’s wouldn’t take me on a bet because I don’t believe that that belief is in any way shape or form the only path to God. The idea that God would send just one guy down in the Middle East, some two thousand years ago and the whole world has to buy into that one thing or else you get fried – that just doesn’t pass my sniff test. I think God is more flexible and creative than that and has given lots of different people lots of different things they needed and that they could understand to help find him. (see male pronoun – LOL). I trust completely in God’s intelligence to get his message out however works best for any given human or group of humans. (go ahead and throw the stones now at your leisure.)



2. If it were considered socially acceptable - would you stop shaving or waxing?

Um… probably. If it were socially acceptable, I’d assume that means that in general woman wouldn’t be shaving so I can’t imagine I’d start doing something no one else was doing – just for the hell of it – it’s kind of a pita!



3. How often do you weigh yourself? Why?

If I’m in a good head space, I do it every day… naked after I pee and it’s not all that big a deal. If I’m not in a good head space, I avoid it like the plague and that’s a dangerous place for me to be in. (I will not confirm or deny that that is where I am right now.)





4. When was the last time you admitted you were wrong? (Thank you to Joey for this question)



I’d have to say – the last time I was wrong. I don’t have any problem at all admitting I was wrong – oh wait… it was yesterday to a coworker. She thought one thing and I thought another – she was right and when I discovered that she was right, I sent her an email telling her so.



5. Repeat question. How was your week?



My week was pretty good. Very busy, though. My husband was in and out of town, there were field trips and concerts, and going out with friends that all needed to be fit into the schedule. I’m looking forward to doing a fair amount of not nearly as much for a while!

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Answers like #1 are why I love you so much.