Monday, March 5, 2012

The truth of the matter...

I’m too tight.. again. I’m actually not 100% sure yet, but I’m 95% sure. I have a tendency to swell pretty intensely after all manner of things and I have no doubt that this time the Dr. taking out all the liquid and putting it all in definitely had me more swollen then normal. Hell, I could feel very specifically where the actual band was for the first three days. I can feel it every once in a while but it was pretty sore in that area for a few days.


The day of the fill itself I was able to eat mashed potatoes, which of course I wasn’t supposed to do as I was supposed to only have liquids for two days, but I took it then as a really good sign that I had no problem getting the potatoes down when the last time I was overfilled there would have been no way in hell I could have gotten that down. It was sort of my own personal test because of my fear of being overfilled.


But then… Wednesday happened. At first it was totally user error. I was slowly sipping my chai latte and it was fine. But then I completely forgot I’d just gotten a fill and I took a huge gulp. I sat there at my desk with a big mouth full of liquid debating whether or not I should get up and spit it out – fearing it wouldn’t be good. But decided.. how bad could it be. Let me tell you that was the completely and utterly the wrong decision. I ended up throwing up five or six times and not being able to get down much of anything else that day. It was no doubt a net loss of intake on Wednesday.


Thursday and Friday were both better, but still not great. I was able to get in some really mushy mashed potatoes but at some point each day I was throwing up again. I was able to eat thinned down mashed potatoes, but not drink any milk based product at all, it was the milk that was causing me to throw up. So no chai lattes for me - sigh. Of course each time I throw up I’m not helping the swelling go down, I’m just making it worse. So on Saturday and Sunday I was really, really conservative and managed to not throw up at all and to get a little bit of mushy food in each day as well as a decent amount of water and my vitamins. And on Sunday I was able to drink a little bit of chai latte and a little bit of hot chocolate, as well as some crab in my crab soup – all good signs.


So I think today will really be the test. I’m not planning on going out and having a burger or anything. But I need to be able to drink my chai latte today and eat a decent amount of calories. If I can’t I’ll make the call tomorrow to have some taken out.

10 comments:

Theresa said...

That's no fun! Hang in there!

Darlin1 said...

NO FAIR!!! Good Luck!!

XO

Gilly said...

You promised! xo

Lee Ann said...

Oh that sounds miserable! Hope you get some relief soon!

Sarah said...

I was told at the weekend that an ice pack on your stomach can help with swelling related band issues. Good luck.

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Poor thing, hope you feel better soon! ;(

Steph said...

I hope you feel better soon, hon!! Let us know how it goes for you, ok? :)

Barbara said...

ugh... i know exactly what you are talking about and I hate that freakin feeling.. hope you feel better and get some relief!!!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I have to say that I really like the way you described it as "user error". I have never thought of it that way before but you're so right!! I had the VSG but I still have a lot of 'user error' at times when I gulp too fast. And then I'm miserable too. I hope you feel better soon!

Beth Ann said...

Ugh! I hope it settles down for you.