Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More brain farts....

  • Just about everyone east of the Mississippi has been getting rained on in the last few days because of Lee – that is one big ass storm.
  • I threw my back out this weekend – well that’s not true – I didn’t do a damn thing and yet, my back is out.  I wish a had a good story to go with this, but alas I do not.
  • I drank a tremendous amount of gin and tonics and wine this weekend… is it related to the bullet above??? Perhaps?
  • I have been reading Angela's Repair and Renovation blog from the beginning and well 1st  of all, I’m in love.  And 2nd of all – I think she’s been spending some time in my brain.  She's learned, or at least seems to have a handle on all the same kinds of things I'm still working through - but the way she talks about those things is the same exact way I think about them - it was lovely and inspiring to read - and I'm not done yet!
  •  My son, Ted.. well, I worry about that boy...  It's a damn good thing he's cute (as I tell him all the damn time).  Bless his heart, but he has the common sense of a pencil eraser.  I guess it's a good thing he's book smart too, otherwise there would just be no damn hope.
  • I'm fairly sure I'm never going to lose another pound again and I'm just going to have to learn to live with my disappointment.  Okay, perhaps it's that I need to work up to disappointment - I watch what I'm doing and it's just not good - choice wise in the food department - and I just keep doing it anyway.  Keep doing what you've always done and you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.  I believe I need a very small fill - like .1cc - but my doctor won't give fill less than .5cc and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to swallow my own spit with that size fill.  So I need to get off this very well padded ass and do something about it.
  • There's a FillCenter USA about 45 minutes from my house - is there anyone out there with experience with them??? Will they give small fills?? Will they actually listen to the patient's wishes and thoughts, or at least take them into account??
  • I made homemade egg noodles tonight, (thanks Camille) and while they were too salty, I'd give myself a solid B+ for my first attempt.  You cook them in chicken stock and eat it sort of as a stew - think dumplings sort of - wow - yum!

8 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love Angie too - she's so freaking cute.

Sandy said...

Thank god, Lee left off her first name (Sandy) or I'd be in deep doo doo in Chicago. That absolutely sucks that you cannot get less than a 0.5 cc fill. I only get 0.1 cc each time and can get easily overfilled with that little amount. You do need a fill. But wait until after Chicago.

And just so you know, Gilly does not have an accent. She sounds like me and I don't either. All of you guys do though :-)

Angela said...

You are crazy! I thought you were kidding when you said you were reading my whole blog. Now I know it was the alcohol. :) Can't wait to hug your neck in Chicago.

Band Geek said...

First off, why is your surgeon such a moron? Second, what is a homemade egg noodle? Like, as in pasta, or something more band-friendly? Last, you always make me LOL.

Dawnya said...

Angela is very motivating. I read her entire blog too. I wish I could have half the success she has had. I'm hoping Chicago will be just the kick in the butt I need to get this weight off.

Annie said...

Read, as always you crack me up! I agree on both counts- Angie is amazing, and a total inspiration, and Gilly, is well, who has the words to describe her fabulousness?? I envy you on your opportunity in Chi town!

tagyourit said...

I use fill centers USA and since the DR I use has fluoro he will do whatever size I need of fill or unfill. I have had nothing but great experiences with my clinic in OK and I like that if I move and have to go to another Fill Center USA Clinic all my info goes too.

Rhonda said...

That's nonsense that your surgeon won't give a fill under 0.5 cc's. Someone needs to kick his ass, that's just bad business.