Monday, May 30, 2011

BYOC - OMG I almost missed it...

Let’s do BYOCBring Your Own Crazy! Every Friday a bunch of us answer a couple questions – some serious, some funny – in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy and paste to your blog if you want to participate and ENJOY!


1. When is the last time you gave and got a compliment?

Last night for both...  I was complemented for my guacamole (which is the recipe stolen from Dos Caminos) and I complemented Brad for his ribs.   It was some good eatin'!!!


2. What do you wear to bed?

it depends.  I'm often cold, so in the winter I'm often wearing a long sleeve tee shirt and sweat pants.  As it gets warmer I first loose the sweats and keep the shirt.  Then eventually move to a tee shirt or sleep shirt - my favorite looks like a men's button down shirt - but it's really, really soft and even has pockets.  Also - one of my little quirks is about socks and sleeping.  My feet are my thermometers and I will often go to bed with socks on because I'm cold, but as soon as I warm up under the blankets I will take off the socks and push them out from under the covers and onto the floor.  When it's laundry time, I have to go check my side of the bed as there are always a few pairs laying there.... oops.

3. If you could pick your dream job – with no worries of shifts or money or bosses or commute – what would it be and where?

I want to be an interior designer - and or an event planner.  I want it to be my own company and I want to work with some wonderful women who all have different strengths in an environment where we can all rely on each other and be appreciative of our different and complementary strengths.

4. Okay – I’m not trying to start some huge controversy with this question but I have to put it out there. If you’re being honest – do you think staying at home or working outside the home is harder? Can you honestly recognize they are both equally hard? Even if you don’t have kids – have you heard others talk about the two professions judgementally?





I'm not sure which is harder.   I absolutely think some people are better suited to one vs the other.  I know when my kids were smaller I was a better mother because I worked outside of the home.  I also know some people think that's an impossible statement, but I'm confident in its truth.  But I knew then absolutely that I could not have handled being a full time mother - it was too hard a job for me. Now that my kids are older, I think I might like to stay home and I think the things the kids need me for now are just as important as they were then - think life development vs life sustaining (WAY oversimplification there) and better suited to my skill set.  I'm not sure we could make that happen and I'm almost 100% sure I won't try because I don't know what the future of my marriage holds and I'm not stupid enough to stop working now.




5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blogland and in real life.

Blogland had been annoying with the commenting issues - I'm totally over the pita that it is!  Real life - is eh... I'm working on finding a therapist for me to go to to help figure out what the hell to do with my life which is a little nerve wracking though I have been able to laugh with my husband a few times which is a nice change of pace.

1 comment:

Tina said...

The questions were good this week and your answers as always great. I am with you on the cold and the socks by the bed thing. You are good that you push them out..i find mine at the bottom of the blankets when I changed my sheets all of the time.

I am still searching for a good therapist...I almost think to get a good one you have to train for it yourself!


xxxooo