Saturday, September 25, 2010

NSV - perhaps I should have checked the fit *before* I went to work...

I have these 3 skirts I wear to work often enough. They are all the same, just different colors. They are XXL and made of cotton. When I bought them - maybe last fall - I actually bought them and the size down as well because they were just so darn comfy and yet nice enough to wear to work.

So lately, of course, I noticed they were getting pretty roomy and I've been half-heartedly looking around my closet to figure out just where I put the smaller ones because in the not too distant future I'm going to need them - right?

Well on Friday I wore the brown one to work. I was rushing around like a madwoman trying to get in a bit early. I threw it on as I was simultaneously putting on earings and drying my hair - you know how it is... I was still adjusting things as I ran out to the car and flew to work.

When I got there I was walking back towards my area and that's when it finally dawned on me... Uh... perhaps I should have paid just a bit more attention to my outfit this morning. I detoured into the bathroom and determined that if I sort of balance it just so on my hips it wasn't going to actually fall off. But I absolutely could not put anything in my pockets or it just might. Every time I stood up all day long I had to surreptitiously adjust it so it was balanced correctly again and every single time I did that, I'd chuckle and remind myself it's a good problem to have!

Needless to say when I got home on Friday afternoon I found the XLs and they fit just fine.... Thanks to The Curvy Cat for reminding me to write this post!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Fantastic NSV, well done!

Shane G. said...

Hip Hip Hooray!

Sorry couldn't pass that cheesy line up! Great job!

nikki said...

Hi, new follower :) Congrats on your NSV. Those are the best ;)

Sam said...

Got to love those NSV's :-)

Lap Band Gal said...

GREAT NSV!!! :) Keep up the hard work!