Friday, May 25, 2012

BYOC

Drazil's BYOC is 5 little questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break!  Come join us & enjoy!!

1.  Tell me about your first childhood home that you remember.

um... well... I have a very poor memory for all things childhood.  I lived in my grandma's house for the first 6 months of my life and I know it like the back of my hand - on the water in Annapolis where I spent much of my childhood.  It's where I learned to sail and to fish.  My great grandparents built the house and it is a lovely, wonderful place with ivy to hide marbles in for restless grandchildren, and haunted boiler rooms in the basement, and sunfish (the kind one person can throw in the water and sail on) in the shed, and these awful round burr things that fell from this huge tree that I stepped on more than I can possibly remember.  Of course I really only remember this from being much older - but... whatever

2.  What is hands down your favorite color on this Earth?

Orange.  I love it.

3.  What kind of hair do you prefer on your significant other?  Or what kind of hair is a turn on to you?

um... I can't say I have ever in my life thought about this.  I think people should have hair that goes with who they are.  Short and business like can be great, long and untamed can be great.  I hate hate hate long stringy hair - on men or women but even more on men.  My favorite hair on a male at the moment is the hair on my son Tommy.  He has my curls, but much, much thicker hair.  Right now it's too long, but I love him with longish hair and that's not usually the case, especially on kids, but on him I LOVE IT!!  He showers at night and then goes to sleep with wet hair - he wakes up with this crazy, wild, mess that suits him to a tee!

 4.  Now that it's summer...do you mow your lawn or does someone else?  How long does it take you?  Do you hate or love doing it?

either Dan mows the lawn or we hire a neighbor kid to do it, though I suspect we'll get Tom to do it this year. (though he may very well be too much of a space cadet to be trusted with something that could cut him... ).  I love to mow a lawn but it is this zen thing for Dan and he's always desperately wanted to do it, so I don't make too much of a fuss about it - except sometimes.  He puts his earbuds in and listens to some podcast or another and totally forgets the rest of the world.  It takes him a couple of hours to do it.

5.  Repeat question:  Summarize your week.

 It was just a week.  Jason participated in the annual 5th grade thing we do here in our county called simulated congressional hearings - or SCH for short.  Each group of 4 5th graders studies a topic, Jason's group's was freedom of speech and freedom of the press and they prepare a prepared 4 minute statement about their topic.  They then come and "testify" before "congress" and a 3 person panel of local politicians and other important people (Jason's panel was the State congressional representative for our district, the chief Circuit Court judge for our county, and a man from the Board of Education) have them put their statement and notes away and ask them questions about their topic (one question was - do you think the internet should be limited?) and then they give the kids good, solid, feedback.  The kids work hard for this end of elementary school event and have to come dressed in business attire as if they are truly testifying before congress.  It's just one of the many reasons I love our school system where we live.

 Then last night Tommy's baseball team was in a single playoff game to determine the winner of the regular season and they won 3-2 in a nail biter. It was killer to watch but so much fun to watch how excited all the boys were!! Have a SAFE holiday weekend!!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

They had SCH at Cates school today too. I love that they dress up and have the little ones wear red, white and blue to sing to them. Middle school will be a big change for Jack won't it?
Have a good weekend!xoxo

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Love that school stuff....just wow. Oh and I love you too. Just sayin.