Friday, February 3, 2012

BYOC!!! Bring Your Own Crazy!!

It’s Friday and that means it’s time for Drazil's BYOC. Bring Your Own Crazy. We answer five questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste if you so desire and ENJOY!

1. Have you ever bought undies/bra/lingerie for someone else? Or has anyone ever bought them for you? How was the “experience”?

…. Well… I buy underwear for my husband and children, but I’m not thinking this is what Draz was talking about.  So… no.  I have never and no one has ever done that for me.  I think I’d be mortified if someone were to even suggest such a thing…
2. Do you have an internal song you replay in your head that is just yours?

Not one that is just mine.  I do, however, have playing repeatedly in my head whatever the last song I heard was – or a song that reminds me of something – or a stupid children’s song… Unfortunately for those around me it usually falls right out of my mouth and everyone gets to hear the single line of the single song that is in my poor head repeated over and over at a fairly high decibel level.
3. I heard on the news the other day that something like 80% of people think a tan person is way sexier than “not tan”. How do you feel about that? Do you tan? Fake bake? Real sun? Or do you wear SPF 150?

I definitely like tan better than not tan – but I’ve never been “tanning” and I HATE to lay out in the sun.  I don’t wear sunscreen and I drive a convertible and so I usually have at least something going on in the summer but that’s about it.
4. Do you vote in the presidential election? Do you vote based on news, family opinions or research or your gut?

Of course I vote.  I live in a country where people fought and died to give me that privilege.  It is one of the few things I will truly judge others about.  I, in all honesty, think less of people who don’t vote.  I am very sorry to those of you who I consider friends who fall into that category, but it’s a completely honest statement. 

I vote based on my opinions and values.  No one asked, but I’ll tell you that I’m fiscally conservative and socially liberal.  I weigh the issues and where I hope the county, state, country should move in the future.  I give weight to those issues… as in which ones are more important to me and which ones may need to be battles to fight another day and that’s where my votes and my money go.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

Real life… it was really good.  I found a good and comfortable place in my personal life and feel a new sense of calm that is completely delightful!  I did see a number on the scale this morning that chilled me to the bone – so hopefully that will be the wakeup call I need.  I am not looking forward to undecorating for Christmas, but that’s what I’m working on this weekend.  Perhaps I’ll be able to recapture my house again and begin to put it back together for the rest of the year.

Blog life – I feel like I’m sort of re-emerging back into the world of the living.  I am totally sorry for being absent for so long and maybe the real life comments above are somehow connected…. But whatever it was – I’m glad to be back and hope to be a more active member again!!

Love to you all!!!

No comments: