Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 1 - I've started

So the day arrived and I started. A couple of weeks ago I ordered some protein bars from Medifast as they were one of the two types of food I could eat when I was doing the most restrictive part of that old plan. So today I took 2 bars with me and put a serving each of soy crisps in 2 ziploc bags and threw it all in my purse and headed to work. I'm eating at the same regular intervals I did last time; 8am, 10:30, 1pm, 3:30, and 6pm. For dinner I have some left over Advanced Heath System pasta dishes which are roughly equal to two other meal replacement thingies and I had one of those. I am also supposed to have 10g of fat all at one time which is for gall bladder health. Though instead of that tonight, I had some steak that my husband had made. I remember that if I had to go off the plan for any reason that the most important thing was to stay in ketosis (or however you might spell that) so I spent the extra 100 calories on a bit of steak, complete with the non trimmed fat. Probably not the best choice, but not the worst either. I'll take it.

Also I updated my weight ticker, I gained weight in the last few weeks of summer over vacation and a general eating orgy so I updated it to reflect what I believe was my highest weight which I measured last Monday and then I lost 1.8 lbs this past week before I started the diet, just by eating more like a human, even though I still went to two different social events; including a 6 hour long fantasy football draft party with food out the wazoo!

I'm nervous about doing this, but am feeling really good about it. I have been having more and more moments of ... um ... I'm not sure what to call it - but a feeling I get where I feel in control of my life and my choices. Like I control what I do and what I eat vs. the food controlling me - and it's not just food - it's everything. I'm either in control or I'm a pawn in someone else's game - and I didn't get the rule book. I hate not having the rule book. I'm the kind of girl who reads the rules cover to cover and I've spent most of my life thinking everyone else had the read the book cover to cover and I couldn't even get a copy. But there are times I feel like I'm in control and know and understand all the rules - or better yet - don't care what the rules are because I'll make my own. Those are the times I'm at my most healthy.

No comments: